POLICE PRESS RELEASE
ARREST OF NOTORIOUS ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECTS, MURDER/KIDNAP KINGPINS AND RECOVERY OF ARMS/AMMUNITION
The Rivers State Police Command in its onslaught against criminal elements in the State, has again recorded some significant breakthroughs in crime fighting as are shown below:
1. At Akokwa Street Mile I Diobu Port Harcourt, armed robbers who usually terrorize people and rob them of their belongings within Diobu were arrested through information as our operatives swiftly responded and in its wake, two persons were arrested, they are: Martins Binnan ‘m’, Zorbari Samuel ‘m’. Exhibits recovered from them include: one locally made Revolver pistol, four Rounds of live Ammunition. They are helping the police. Confessions made revealed that they are responsible for the attack of market women at the Education bus-stop, Mile 1 and Mile 3 Market axis. Meanwhile investigation is currently on going at the Command’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Port Harcourt.
2. Again acting on credible information, the Command’s Crack Team, smashed a kidnapping syndicate at a Bush in Rumuji where a kidnap kingpin by name Emmanuel ‘m’ alias Obirikon was arrested while others took to flight. He is helping the Police. Investigation is on-going.
3. Three Hostages namely: Hart Moth ‘f’, Akintoye Ajala ‘f’ and Awo Allison ‘m’ who were travelling in a Boat from Port Harcourt to Bonny were rescued by the Command’s Crack Team. They were said to have been abducted by Sea Pirates at the Dutch Island Bonny. Diligent search and rescue operations of our men led to their release from the kidnappers’ den in Abonnema Creek. Again Investigation is on-going.
4. At Obagi/Obite Gas Plant in ONELGA, Rivers State, the Command’s Operatives, foiled a Robbery attack on Policemen on duty. In the same operation, the combined Team of 48 PMF smashed the robbery gang where one long Assault Rifle (LAR) 19 rounds of live Ammunition were recovered including two motor cycles that were abandoned. The Police are on their trail as Investigation is on-going at the Command’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Port Harcourt.
5. At Aluu Community, acting on Information our men intercepted a Toyota Camry with Reg. No. KKE 432 AA colour Red with two occupants inside, they had serious injuries all over their bodies and were said to have been battered by angry mob. On searching the car, one English Berretta Pistol and some charms were found. However, the men were certified dead at the UPTH while Investigation is on-going.
6. Operatives of the Command’s Tactical Unit rescued a kidnap victim by name Ebenezer Okpara who was abducted at the early hours of 25/7/2016 and taken to Ubimini. The victim was rescued after a fierce gun battle with the kidnappers, but had minor bruises. Items recovered from them include:
1. One locally made gun
2. Nissan car with Reg. No. KNN 311 HW.
Investigation is on-going at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) Port Harcourt.
7. The Command’s Anti Cultism and Anti-Kidnapping Units on a tip-off, stormed a criminal hideout at Buguma, a place said to have been overrun by criminal elements, arrested 7 persons and recovered one locally made Revolver Pistol and a large quantity of weeds suspected to be Indian Hemp. They are currently helping the police as Investigation is on-going.
8. The Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the State Command through Intelligence arrested one Chukwuemeka Nwokogba ‘m’ alias Ota Bread who is said to be a notorious kidnapper, Armed Robber and murderer, terrorizing the Etche axis of the State. The suspect upon interrogation confessed to the murder of the following persons: (1) a Pastor name not yet known but from Umuda Etche (2) Daughter of Munaonye and (3) Mr. Chimene former CDC Chairman of Obibi Community. He also confessed to the kidnap of a lady who is still being held in their camp by his gang. Other members of his gang include: Samuel Chika, (2) Ojemba Ikechukwu alias Isiewu and (3) Ogochi. The team acting on his confession, mobilized to their camp but on arrival they had relocated. Meanwhile the camp was destroyed. Investigation is still on-going at the Command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit (AKU).
9. The Command’s Tactical Unit while on stop and search at the Polo Club GRA, Port Harcourt intercepted a metallic Gray Volkswagen Jetta car with Reg. No. 140 RD with six occupants on board. During search one locally made Revolver Pistol with 3 live .9mm Ammunition, including four Nokia Phones and two Tecno Ipad. Suspects have been arrested and are cooling their heels at the Command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit.
10. The Command wishes to reiterate the need for continued public support and assistance to the command in the onerous task of ridding the entire state of criminal elements. While reassuring the good people of the State of their safety and security as they go about their lawful business.
DSP OMONI NNAMDI
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
RIVERS STATE COMMAND