Spice things up with this delicious tomatillo salsa verde recipe.
3 tomatillos (sub green tomatoes, if tomatillos unavailable)
1 white sweet or Vidalia onion, small dice
1 cup cilantro leaves (no stems), loosely packed
4 limes, juice and zest
2 T sugar
4 jalapeño or other pepper, mince
1. Remove paper from tomatillos; Oil and blister on grill. Do not overcook. Cool. Medium dice.
2. Pick cilantro leaves from stems; rough chop
3. If sweet/Vidalia onion is not available, small dice yellow/white onion, salt and rinse under cold water in a colander/strainer. This will neutralize some of the pungent sulfur.
4. Zest (green only) and juice limes. A microplane grater makes zesting citrus very easy
5. Cut tiny sliver from tip of each jalapeno to assess heat, adjust number used based on piquancy.
6. Mix all ingredients. Taste. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar.
7. Salsa improves if…
View original post 117 more words