Firefighters save dog from burning Muscatine home

Muscatine firefighters saved a dog from a house that caught fire while no one was home.

More than a dozen firefighters helped extinguish a fire in the 400 block of McArthur Street in Muscatine, Iowa Friday, February 20, 2015. A statement from Assistant Fire Chief Mike Hartman said the fire was reported shortly before 6 p.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke that was coming from the eaves at the front of the building and fire at the eaves in the back, the statement said.

“Crews entered the structure, found the seat of the fire and brought it under control approximately 15 minutes after arrival,” Hartman said.

While firefighters were getting the fire under control, McArthur Street was closed because crews needed access to a hydrant and were using the street to park.

Hartman’s statement said that nobody was home at the time, but firefighters found a dog in a room next…

View original post 66 more words


Author: xhibitmagazine

Blogger / Web Designer living in Port Harcourt, Nigeria I loves Information Technology and Music. Ask me for more...

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s